|Trades II - Carpenter - Temporary Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
August 17, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||17-U101 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 120,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time (from approx. September 18, 2017 to approx.
December 21, 2018) Trades II - Carpenter to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Strategic Initiatives Department.
Reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible in this unionized position for performing carpentry work in the construction, renovation, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of buildings. This will include floors, roofs, stairways, doors, windows, scaffolding forms, furniture, concrete forms, gates, fences, signs, door closures and door locks, etc.
You will also be required to:
• Perform cabinet making tasks.
• Fitting and installing trim, doors, stairs, moulding and hardware.
• Read and interpret drawings and sketches to determine specifications, perform necessary calculations, and ensure work conforms to building codes.
• Assist in general maintenance of all buildings.
• Operate vehicles and heavy equipment.
• Construct and repair a variety of truck, wagon and trailer bodies.
• Assess repairs needed and prepare formal estimates.
• Utilize a computerized work management system to record and manage work.
Your education will include Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work, completion of a recognized trade’s apprenticeship, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. You will have thorough knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the trade; and have skill in the use and care of all power and hand tools, materials, machines and equipment used. Time served in an apprenticeship would be an asset.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $36.29 per hour (2015 rates) plus 12.4% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, Thursday August 17, 2017.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||August 3, 2017 08:30 AM
||August 17, 2017 04:30 PM