|Electrical Inspector 1 (2-Year Term)
|*Please apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 4, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||You will be responsible for inspection and regulatory work involving all types of electrical equipment and installations to assess compliance of plans, workmanship, materials, methods, and safety devices with Surrey’s Electrical Bylaw, BC Safety Authority regulations, bulletins, directives, and current BC electrical code.
||Typical duties include:
• Checking electrical plans and inspecting all types of electrical installations.
• Providing technical advice, assistance, interpretation and information to the general public, owners, contractors, engineers and architects on matters related to regulated work.
• Suggesting alternate methods of complying with codes and regulations where difficult situations arise as well as electrical code compliance.
• Writing reports and correspondence on issues including but not limited to inspections, complaints and investigations.
• This position requires effective verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, advanced knowledge of related bylaws, codes, and regulations, and other job related duties as required.
||The successful incumbent will have:
• Completed Grade 12 and an apprenticeship in the electrical trade.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Journeyman Electrician or electrical contractor or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• A valid BC driver’s license is required and access to a vehicle for business purposes.
• Certification of Qualification for the Province of BC as an Electrical Inspector, must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
• An FSR A certification will be considered an asset for this position.
||August 4, 2017 08:30 AM
||September 4, 2017 04:30 PM