||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
August 25, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-43 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering & Municipal Operations
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Engineering & Municipal Operations Department is seeking an Engineering Technologist to join their team on a Temporary Full-Time basis for approximately sixteen (16) months. The work is administrative and technical in nature where you will be responsible for the coordination of design, tendering, contract administration, and construction management for various capital projects. Tasks will include assisting a manager in the coordination of major capital projects, participating in the review and selection of consultants, attending project meetings, assisting in the preparation of terms of reference, reports, contracts, progress billing, and annual budgets. You will also be conducting field inspections and acting as a liaison between architectural, engineering or construction firms and the various City departments or other external stakeholders.
||• Engineering Technologist Diploma plus at least four years related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Considerable knowledge of technical engineering, , utility, road, and siteworks construction principles, practices, and procedures, and of construction materials, costs and methods;
• Working knowledge of zoning and related municipal, provincial, and federal legislation governing the work;
||• Ability to act as liaison and coordinator on the design and layout, contract documentation and contract administration of various types of construction and installation projects and recommend design criteria;
• Ability to analyze, assess and interpret plans, specifications, contracts and other work related materials;
• Skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Master Municipal Construction Documents;
• Ability to prepare and maintain records, reports, correspondence and various other materials related to the work;
• Proven ability to establish outstanding working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts;
• Ability to work independently and drive a project to completion;
• Possess and maintain a valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with a safe driving record.
||The hourly wage for this unionized position is $36.50 – $43.09 with select benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, copies of certificates, and a current driver’s abstract. Note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Friday, August 25, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Recruitment Reference: 2017-43
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||August 9, 2017 08:30 AM
||August 25, 2017 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Engineering Technologist
||2017-43 Job Posting