|Engineering Technologist I - Regular Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
September 18, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||17-U112 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 120,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time (from approx. October 16, 2017 to approx. October 19, 2018) Engineering Technologist I to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Transportation Department.
Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Engineering, you will be responsible in this unionized position for:
• Examination, analysis and resolution of transportation issues including parking, speeding concerns, traffic calming, bicycle facilities, transit, pedestrian crosswalks and facilities
• Conducting field investigations of transportation issues and concerns
• Coordinating and liaising with a variety of internal and external contacts
• Assisting other transportation staff on transportation projects and initiatives
• Undertaking traffic counts and surveys
• Processing permits for construction, special events, and driveways
• Ensuring that work is undertaking using standard transportation practices and methods
• Maintaining a variety of reports, records and related documents
Your education will include graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Diploma in Civil and Structural Technology, including or supplemented by courses in transportation engineering, plus sound related experience preferably in a Municipal setting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. The ideal candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic, well organized and able to communicate effectively with the community, consultants, contractors and internal clients. It is necessary that you are familiar with a variety of engineering software packages, databases, traffic and roads applications, as well as, possessing comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, terminology, practices and techniques.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Registration or eligibility for registration as a Graduate Technologist or Applied Science Technologist (AScT) within the province of BC
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $32.63 - $38.52 per hour (5 steps; 2015 rates), plus 12.4% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||September 5, 2017 08:00 AM
||September 18, 2017 04:30 PM