|Foreman I - Regular Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
September 25, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||17-U117 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering and Construction Services Department
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 120,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Foreman I to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Construction Services Department.
Reporting to the Construction Manager the successful applicant will have sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to the various functional areas of utilities construction and utilities maintenance work. You will liaison with suppliers, contractors and other municipal employees at a basic level and be performing routine inspections as required.
You will be responsible in this unionized position for:
• Ensuring safe work practices and environment according to municipal and W.C.B. standards
• Supervising a small group of assigned employees
• Ordering materials and supplies
• Responding to public inquiries and complaints
• Participating in work of subordinates
• Performing other related work as required.
Your education will include completion of grade 12 supplemented by some technical courses and training, plus considerable experience in public works including some supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
• EOCP Water Distribution – Level I
The rate of pay for this CUPE position is $29.59 - $31.57 per hour (4 steps, 2015 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm Monday, September 25, 2017.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||September 11, 2017 08:30 AM
||September 25, 2017 04:30 PM