|MYzone Program Leader (Auxiliary)
|*Please apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
October 13, 2017
at 4:30 PM
MYzone is a popular drop-in program designed to keep children ages 8-12 safe and engaged during the critical hours (3:00pm-6:00pm). The program provides an active and nurturing environment that supports the principles of healthy child development while providing opportunities for civic engagement and leadership skill development. MYzone runs at various locations throughout the city and will commence mid-September 2017.
• Ensuring developmentally appropriate activities are planned and implemented
• Regular communication with supervisors, program assistants and parents
• Ensuring children are safe and engaged
• Ensuring space is safe and supplies are adequate
• Confirming all program forms are filled completely and correctly
• Attending scheduled team meetings and mandatory trainings
Please include in resume your availability for weekdays from 2:45pm-6:15pm to the best of your knowledge at this time
The successful applicant will have experience in lesson planning as well as good communication and organizational skills. The successful applicant will also have sound knowledge of developmental assets for children and guiding children’s behaviour.
• Experience as an Instructor with school aged children;
• Completion of grade 12 supplemented by some post-secondary education from a recognized institution;
• 2 years related work experience or equivalent;
• Current First Aid and CPR Certification;
• High Five Certification (or willingness to acquire);
• Food Safe Certification (or willingness to acquire);
• Available for a minimum of 3 weekdays per week from 2:45pm - 6:15pm.
• If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply at Surrey.ca.
• This posting will remain on our career page until the Employment Specialist determines there is a competitive candidate pool.
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||September 22, 2017 08:30 AM
||October 13, 2017 04:30 PM