|Manager, Business Transformation
|*Please apply online at www.surrey.ca/careers
||City of Surrey
||The primary purpose of this role is to drive transformation improvements in ways of working at the City to enable service delivery in the most efficient, meaningful and effective way.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, this role will lead a diverse and talented team including business analysts, project managers, and change managers in the delivery of efficient and effective program management, project management, business consulting, business analysis, and change management services to accelerate benefits from business and technology changes across the City.
Overall IT Leadership
• Provides leadership for project management office queries and information and an advocate for best practices in project management throughout the City. Is a reference point for business process services, business consulting services and project/program services.
• Responsible for project governance and developing practices, procedures, standards, and frameworks.
• Contributes to the formulation of approved business plans, operating plans, budgets and capital requests in line with strategic goals and objectives of the IT department including corporate IT annual and 10 year capital plans.
• Improves the consistency, predictability, and efficiency of the organization’s portfolio delivery capability for capacity and demands.
• Anticipates future business strategies and solutions to satisfy complex needs that are aligned with the City’s short and long term objectives.
• Works in partnership with stakeholders to achieve customer satisfaction and strengthen relationships within the IT division.
• Assists in forecasting our stakeholders long-term needs, including identifying and helping to develop new solutions to solve their future business needs.
People Management / Leadership
• Leads a team of experts to deliver innovative solutions for the City.
• Creates strategies and specific objectives for the business transformation team and develops budgets, policies, and procedures to support them.
• Contributes to developing our internal resources and culture by creating and promoting a collaborative environment where knowledge and skills are shared to facilitate efficient and timely delivery of services.
Business Transformation Services
• Assists and advises project sponsors, innovation managers, and teams on the best use of project management, business process management and continuous improvement disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, high tech environment.
• Establishes and manages processes supporting program and project steering committees: streamlines communications between managers and project sponsors; and, empowers the committees to engage in meaningful and efficient debate of priorities and resource availability.
• Establishes and manages processes for successful solution delivery through change management practices.
• Develops policies and procedures, standards, frameworks with regards to portfolio management, project management, business analysis, continuous improvement tools and practices.
• Oversees IT work plan projects costs and ensures they are well managed by staff and management.
• Empowers and influence decision-making at all levels and support the implementation of new business processes, performance management systems and changes in culture required to deliver maximum value.
• Represents the City at professional conferences through speaking engagements or participating in expert panels or educational seminars. Shares experiences at the City and learns from others. Brings learning back to the City to apply.
• Collaborates with key resources inside and outside the City to develop and maintain continuous improvement practices for portfolio and project management offices.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Diploma or Degree in related field; and
• PMP or PgMP designation (or actively pursuing to complete within 1 year); and
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in project delivery and at least 5 years of experience in a management role
• Preference will be given to candidates with:
o IT service management – ITIL foundations or ITIL for Executives
o IT project portfolio management – PfMP
o Business process management and lean principles – Lean Six Sigma or ABPMP
o Agile project delivery – ScrumMaster, Agile, or PMI-ACP
o Business analysis – CBAP certification
o Change management and Project Risk management – PROCI, PMI-RMP
• Or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and certifications.
||September 27, 2017 08:30 AM
||October 27, 2017 04:30 PM