|Communications Coordinator-Production (Auxiliary)
|*Please apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
To apply online, click
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The City of Surrey is one of the largest and most diverse communities in Canada and we’re getting bigger. So as we grow, so do our marketing and communication requirements.
The City’s Marketing and Communications team is seeking an outgoing, team player to contribute to day to day marketing coordination efforts. This is a great opportunity that offers tremendous potential for growth and advancement.
• Support the marketing coordination and production work for graphic design daily/weekly assignments for City services, programs, campaigns and key initiatives;
• Advice clients on the marketing mix, messaging, tactics and channels;
• Support copy writing/editing for marketing content prior to scheduling for design production including: creative writing, positioning and headline messages, and tailoring copy to target audiences;
• Ensure marketing requests align with City branding, strategic directions, marketing plans, and ranked priorities;
• Coordinate recurring projects such as recreation guides, annual reports, recreation schedules, and City’s digital billboard as placements;
• Support key portfolio work for city business areas as assigned;
• Coordinate advertising bookings for key initiatives including our “City Page” ad feature;
• Support media communications needs as required such as drafting media advisories or press releases;
• Coordinate photography and photo shoot needs for active marketing projects;
• Support maintenance of communications calendars for corporate initiatives and key campaigns;
• Support updating of marketing plans and status reports;
• Prepare metrics, analytics and monthly/quarterly reports on communications production work including turnaround times, billing recoveries, project tracking, and work cycles;
• Participate and guide outcomes of weekly production meetings with design team; and
• Support internal communications and client relations including deployment of feedback surveys.
As an Ideal Candidate, you:
• Are a great communicator and collaborator with extensive experience in communications, project management and writing;
• Are a strategic thinker, always seeing the big picture while ensuring your approach and messaging is aligned with the City’s overall strategic direction, policies/guidelines, and key objectives;
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and thrive at meeting deadlines and adapting to change;
• Are a well-rounded marketer and are able to guide projects to stay on target with key audiences, consistent and supporting strategic marketing objectives.
• Write in plain language, easy to understand, engaging, audience tailored, and in a relevant and in a consistent voice and tone;
• Have good judgement, have the ability to prioritize and organize your workload, and are able to work independently within a team setting;
• Have experience working with creative staff and graphic designers and have a natural ability to guide the work of others to keep things on track, and, along the way, develop and maintain strong working relationships daily within your team and with clients.
Applicants under consideration will have:
• Completed a diploma in a related field or supplemented by courses related to communications, writing and/or project management;
• Preferred minimum of 2 years’ relevant and related experience;
• Public sector experience in a similar role is preferred;
• Demonstrated written communications abilities; and
• Knowledge of communication principles, practices, methods and techniques.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at SurreyCareers.ca to Job ID 1726. Posting will remain online until the position is filled.
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||October 3, 2017 08:30 AM
||October 24, 2017 04:30 PM