||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
April 14, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||19-038 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Finance & Corporate Services
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford’s Legislative Services Division is seeking a self-motivated professional to join their dynamic team as a full time Bylaw Clerk. This position is responsible for delivering quality customer service relating to bylaw complaints.
As the successful applicant you will promote a positive and welcoming environment to all customers and provide a variety of office support services, including responding to public and staff inquiries while exercising courtesy and diplomacy. Good knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations, policies and practices which govern departmental activities is essential in this position. Excellent communication and customer service skills and your ability to foster and maintain effective working relationships with staff, elected officials and the public will guide your success in this position.
Duties are performed in an office environment with frequent distractions, emotionally charged situations and dealing with potentially difficult external customers.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
• Grade 12 education including bookkeeping and computer software courses (word processing and spreadsheet applications).
• A minimum of one year of clerical and customer service experience including processing complaints and explaining procedures and guidelines in regard to the processing of applications, documents and bylaws related to a local government administration environment.
• Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for proofreading, suggesting alternatives, and making modifications.
• Ability to use CEDAR or a similar Records Management System
• Intermediate skill level with various office software including Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Amanda.
• Proven ability to deal with sensitive and confidential materials with a high degree of tact and discretion.
This position is unionized, CUPE Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $22.34 to $26.28.
At the City of Abbotsford we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
||March 29, 2019 08:30 AM
||April 14, 2019 04:30 PM