|Utility Process Manager
|*Please apply online at www.surrey.ca/careers
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
November 25, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||The primary objective of this role will be to lead and optimize the City’s utility billings. In partnership with the Property & Payment Services Manager, this position will be responsible for the support, enhancements and critical business processes of utility billings to ensure the City takes full advantage of business driven functionalities and related technologies. This position involves complex financial, customer service, team leadership and support related to utility billings for the City. The Utility Process Manager will bring exceptional communication and organization skills, a citizen-centric service focus, and a positive and practical approach to meeting objectives in order to establish the future direction of our utility management process.
||• Develop and maintain processes and procedures which ensure that billing and revenue collections are administered in accordance with statutory requirements, City bylaws, processes and procedures;
• Oversee the Internal control and processing of funds related to Utilities and other revenue collected at various City locations;
• Have experience and attention to detail in the application of the Community Charter and other relevant statutes;
• Direct and supervise professional and clerical staff including performance evaluations;
• Oversee the Monthly Utility Billing and the utility management system;
• Make ongoing recommendations for operational improvements and efficiencies;
• Consult with City management and staff across departments to ensure development of best practices and standards related to utilities and other revenue collections; and
• Inform management and staff of new and/or revised relevant City and Departmental policies and procedures related to Utilities or other revenue processes.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
• Understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions;
• Establish and maintain effective working relations with senior management, staff, and the general public;
• Deal effectively and tactfully with the internal and external stakeholders;
• Persuade, analyze, reason, evaluate and problem solve;
• Exercise considerable independence of judgment and action on all aspects; and
• Understand/analyze the relationships between complex business requirements and technological solutions that align with City business, creating collaborative solutions.
||• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum of 5 years of increasingly complex experience to a manager level;
• Track record of successfully developing and executing interdepartmental initiatives;
• Complete a Police Information Check; and
• Knowledge of Local Government and Tempest Software is an asset.
||October 25, 2017 08:30 AM
||November 25, 2017 04:30 PM