|Special Events Coordinator
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
November 27, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-57 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Recreation and Culture
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Recreation and Culture Department is seeking a Special Events Coordinator to join their team on a regular full time basis. This is specialized recreational work in planning, identifying and coordinating a variety of community special events, cultural programs and festivals for the city. The incumbent will review feasibility for the events; develop proposals, detailed plans and schedules; coordinate, implement and monitor planned work activities. They will coordinate information, input and involvement and work tasks; solicit corporate funding; prepare grant funding proposals; monitor budgets; and prepare and maintain a variety of reports, records and correspondence. The Special Events Coordinator will supervise and oversee the work of seasonal staff, contract instructors and volunteers; and liaise with staff to create and promote the Recreation Guide and other promotional methods.
The nature of this position requires a flexible work schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
||• Bachelor’s degree in recreation administration, arts, or related field, supported by 3 years related experience with special event management; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of community recreation and needs, interests, and resources of the community;
• Thorough knowledge of the applicable policies, regulations and rules governing the work;
• Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures;
• Sound knowledge of interests and functions of the community groups and agencies and of available community and internal resources;
||• Ability to plan, develop, implement, and coordinate community special events;
• Ability to prioritize workloads, to work independently with minimal guidelines and supervision, and to perform tasks under periodic work pressure;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external agencies and contacts;
• Ability to promote community and regional interests and involvement in the events offered which meet the interests and needs of the community;
• Ability to solicit corporate and grant funding, to monitor City event budgets, and to prepare and maintain related reports, records, files and correspondence;
• Ability to recruit, orient, train, and supervise the work of staff and volunteers, and to provide direction to staff and contractors assisting with events;
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
• Proficiency in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office;
• Ability to lift bulky objects, climb ladders and stand and walk for long periods of time;
• Availability to work on days, evenings, and/or weekends;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license or equivalent with a demonstrated safe driving record by the appointment’s start date;
• Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
||The annual salary range for this unionized position is $54,364 - $63,988 with comprehensive benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your current drivers abstract.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Monday, November 20, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Recruitment Reference: 2017-57
Thank you for your interest. Please note only complete applications will be considered.
Please note: This new position is posted “Under Review” meaning that a follow-up review with be conducted with the incumbent to ensure the duties and valuation levels are appropriately captured.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||November 6, 2017 02:30 PM
||November 27, 2017 04:30 PM