|Utilities Maintenance Worker (Water) (up to 6) - Temporary Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
November 28, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||17-U152 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 120,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to 6 temporary full-time (from approx. February 5, 2018 to approx. December 21, 2018) Utilities Maintenance Workers to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Utilities Operations Department .
Reporting to the Utilities Operations Superintendent, the successful applicants will have sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to the various functional areas of utilities construction and utilities maintenance work. You must have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
Exercising some independent judgment and initiative, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting in waterworks construction, maintenance and repair tasks;
• Assisting water operations in the maintenance and operation of the pump stations, PRV’s etc.;
• Utilizing a variety of equipment and repair processes such as an M-Scope to locate utilities; air compressors; cathodic protection, and operating a laser level and video inspection camera as required;
• Guiding equipment operators, maintaining, dissembling, rebuilding, and adjusting fire hydrants;
• Conducting unidirectional watermain flushing, and testing;
• Driving a work truck and performing related work as required;
It is essential you have completed Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by training courses and experience in water construction and maintenance tasks or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• EOCP Water Distribution - Level 1 Certificate
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay is $29.64 per hour (2018 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm Tuesday, November 28, 2017.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||November 20, 2017 08:30 AM
||November 28, 2017 04:30 PM