|Information Officer (Full Time)
|*Candidates applying for this position are encouraged to submit a fully detailed profile on our website.
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
February 21, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-24 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||You will assist management to achieve an efficient operation for the RCMP Community Police Office by providing reliable performance in Firearm Information and investigative work, staff supervision and clerical duties, observing and complying with Municipal and R.C.M.P. policies and all acceptable security and safety practices.
||You will be required to perform a variety of clerical and receptionist duties; training and evaluating the work of subordinates. You will be required to process exhibits; process complaints from the General Public and obtain witness statements when required. You will be required to fingerprint and photograph when required; collect DNA samples as per court order. You will ensure all responsibilities are performed pursuant to the policies and regulations of the RCMP Federal/Provincial/Municipal Statutes. You will be required to perform other related tasks as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision according to established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Administration Manager.
||Must have a minimum of Grade 12 education plus one year post secondary program in Criminology from a recognized post secondary institution supplemented by courses in supervision or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
||- Sound knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada, Controlled Drug and Substance Act and Federal/Provincial/Municipal Statutes;
- Sound knowledge of the National Firearms Manual, RCMP Informatics Manual, Operations Manual and Administration Manual;
- Sound knowledge of law enforcement/court procedures;
- General knowledge and ability to type;
- Able to plan, direct and supervise the work of subordinates;
- Completion of the Firearms Safety, Restricted firearms and Firearms verifier courses;
- Ability to operate a wide variety of standard office equipment and computer programs;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with Department officials and other members of staff, be polite, courteous and tactful in dealing with the general public and be neat and presentable in appearance;
- Able to qualify for and maintain the required security clearance for the position;
- The incumbent will be required to perform other related duties upon request of the Administration Manager.
||$30.06 to $35.36 per hour
||8550 Young Road
||February 14, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 21, 2018 04:30 PM