|Accounting Clerk II - Payables (Full Time)
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
February 23, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-25 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation in the Finance Department through reliable performance in clerical and accounts payable duties and computer operation, observing and complying with municipal policies and ensuring the safety and security of confidential material/matters pertaining to the Department's operation.
||The incumbent will perform a variety of clerical and accounting functions varying in degree of complexity and responsibility; processing accounts payable transactions, checking invoice extensions and reconciling to statements; coding and posting invoices and preparing reports and trial balances. The incumbent types cheques, correspondence, forms and provides information and assistance to the public, either over the telephone or at the receptionist counter. The incumbent will be responsible for computer and accounting machine operations, maintaining Sewer City inventories and providing assistance to the other functions of the Finance Department. The incumbent will perform other related duties as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Manager of Accounting Services.
||- Must have a grade 12 education, supplemented by bookkeeping and commercial courses and formal training or experience on accounting software - OR a combination of experience and training.
||- Good knowledge of the functions, practices and procedures, bylaws, policies and regulations pertaining to the operation of the Finance Department;
- Good knowledge of the methods, practices and principles entailed in accounts payable functions;
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and municipal accounting procedures and operations;
- Able to operate a variety of standard office equipment, accounting machines and computer terminals;
- Able to be polite, tactful and courteous in dealing with the public and be neat in appearance;
- Able to perform mathematical and arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy;
- Able to perform all tasks with a minimum of supervision;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials and other members of staff.
||$25.48 to $29.98 per hour (2018 Rates)
||8550 Young Road
||February 16, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 23, 2018 04:30 PM