|Exhibits Custodian / Administrative Assistant
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
March 16, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-17 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The R.C.M.P. Division seeks a customer-service oriented individual to join their team in the role of Exhibit Custodian/ Administrative Assistant. This position involves exhibit custodian duties along with the provision of administrative support to the Department, with responsibility for safekeeping and controlling the movement of exhibit items. This position will liaise with police officers and other agencies on the identification, handling and transfer or disposition of exhibits and seized and found property items and as required will provide evidence in court to confirm continuity of exhibits. Administrative duties will include receiving and processing invoices, reconciling accounts, coordinating courier and shipping activity, maintaining RCMP member personnel files, responding to basic insurance enquiries, overseeing the administration of office equipment. Other duties included completing criminal record searches and providing front counter coverage when required.
The ideal candidate is able to effectively handle multiple competing priorities and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with a variety of internal and external customers. The successful candidate’s previous experience will provide support of their ability to exhibit professionalism at all times as this individual may represent the Administrative Manager in their absence. It is essential that you are able to demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment.
||• Completion of Grade 12 plus sound related experience preferably in an R.C.M.P. Detachment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Completion of the Prime Property (Exhibits) course is a requirement for this position and preference will be given to those who have completed the course;
• Sound knowledge of the methods and procedures used in receiving, verifying, recording, handling, securing, storing and controlling the movement of a variety of police exhibits and seized and found property;
• Sound knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures related to the work;
• Sound knowledge of the R.C.M.P. administrative and police filing, record keeping, account classification, purchasing and invoicing systems and procedures;
||• Ability to manually lift, sort, arrange and store exhibit and property items of varying bulk and weight in a safe manner;
• Ability to prepare, maintain and control records, files, reports, ledgers and other materials related to the work;
• Ability to give evidence in court on matters related to the work;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, the general public and various other internal and external contacts in supplying information and assistance;
• Ability to exercise judgment in planning work schedule and deciding priorities;
• Ability to operate standard office equipment;
• Ability to operate applicable RCMP systems and related tasks;
• Ability to secure and maintain a R.C.M.P. enhanced reliability security clearance, and;
• Ability to obtain Firearms Possession and Acquisition Certification.
||The annual wage range for this unionized position is $49,143 – $57,745 with comprehensive benefits.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to submit a cover letter and resume. Please note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Friday, March 16, 2018
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Recruitment Reference: 2018-17
Thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||March 8, 2018 08:30 AM
||March 16, 2018 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Exhibits Custodian / Administrative Assistant
||2018-17 Job Posting