|Planner I (Full-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
April 6, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-22 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Electoral Area Planning & Development
||The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures and landscapes. The FVRD covers roughly 13,900 square kilometers, equal to more than twice the size of Prince Edward Island.
||The Planning Division is responsible for both current development application processing, as well as long-range policy planning initiatives. We are inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the full-time position of Planner I in the Planning Department of the Electoral Area Services Division. Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Planning and Development, the Planner I responds to Electoral Area planning enquiries; processes and administers development applications and permits; provides reliable technical analysis and prepares reports; coordinates and facilitates the processing of development applications; interprets and applies legislation, bylaws, regulations and other enactments; assists with drafting of bylaws, permits, agreements and other documents; coordinates and attends Public Information Meetings and Public Hearings; and assists with planning working including OCP, long range planning and Policy development.
||• A degree in planning, geography, or a related discipline with courses in survey techniques, GIS, map interpretation, map compilation, graphics and statistical analysis preferred;
||• Two years of similar and demonstrated local government experience or equivalent is preferred;
• Working knowledge of standard planning, building, and engineering nomenclature, practices and methods;
• Familiarity with all types of maps, air photographs and map catalogues;
• Ability to read and interpret engineering, architectural and site plans and understand specifications;
• Have the ability to acquire a sound knowledge of FVRD planning legislation, Provincial statutes and regulations and local geography within a reasonable time;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and the ability to converse with a wide range of people including technical consultants, elected officials, staff, the general public, developers, consultants, and First Nations, for the purpose of providing advice, making recommendations and delivering effective presentations;
• Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to prepare well written technical and administrative reports;
• Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $33.01 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage rate will increase to $38.84 per hour.
||The FVRD offers a great place to work and live with a mix of rural and urban lifestyles along with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities. For more information about the FVRD, please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2018-22, and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on April 6, 2018 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||March 15, 2018 08:30 AM
||April 6, 2018 04:30 PM