|Labourer (Up to 25) - Temporary Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
April 6, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||18-U047 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 123,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to 25 temporary full-time (from approx.
April 30, 2018 to approx. December 21, 2018) Labourers to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Roads Operations Department.
Reporting to the Roads Operations Manager, the successful applicants will have sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to the various functional areas of utilities construction and utilities maintenance work. You must have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
Exercising some independent judgment and initiative, you will be responsible for:
• Performing a variety of semi-skilled tasks in the operation, maintenance and construction of paving, traffic and boulevards works. The work may include road repair, pot hole and shouldering, landscape maintenance and litter pick-up, traffic sign and road marking maintenance.
• Acting as a pad man for backhoes, performing work as required and directed.
• Breaking blacktop and concrete surfaces using pneumatic hammers and compressor accessories.
• Using motorized compacting machines in backfilling and grading work and independently performing the more complex work.
• Driving a pick-up truck to transport materials and tools to job sites.
• Performing other related work as required.
Your education will include completion of Grade 10, some experience in construction and maintenance, preferably a Class 3 with air brake endorsement driver’s license; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A Pesticide Applicator’s License and Traffic Control Certificate would be considered assets.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $28.00 per hour (2018 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, Friday April 6, 2018.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 23, 2018 08:30 AM
||April 6, 2018 04:30 PM