|*Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
April 23, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2071 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Reporting to the Manager, Labour Relations, you will support assigned departments with a diverse range of human resources services including; providing advice on collective agreement and policy interpretation, leading investigations, performing full-cycle recruitment, and handling sensitive employee and union relations issues.
||• Leading full-cycle recruitment (sourcing, interviews, managing offers, references), and providing support and guidance to the assigned HR Recruiter and HR Assistant for your portfolio;
• Prepare for and lead investigations, act as a point of contact for enquiries about employee issues, Collective Agreement interpretation and HR policies;
• Develop strong relationships with Managers and provide support on all HR matters;
• Help assigned departments with a variety of HR strategies to build and maintain high performing teams;
• Assist managers with performance management of employees, developing performance plans, identify training opportunities, coaching and supporting managers on corrective measures and disciplinary matters;
• Develop and deliver communication on key HR programs, policies and procedures;
• Work on HR special projects and perform other job related duties.
||• A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field.
• Chartered Human Resources Professional designation preferred (CPHR).
• 5 years progressively responsible human resources experience within a unionized public sector environment at an advisory level.
• Strong labour relations and recruitment experience with a good understanding of how to manage in unionized environments.
• Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to interpret complex data and make sound decisions.
• The ability to work independently, take initiative and exercise good judgment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• An ability to thrive and multi-task within a fast paced, rapidly growing environment.
• A strong alignment with City of Surrey Values – Integrity, Service, Innovation, Community, Teamwork.
||This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||March 23, 2018 08:30 AM
||April 23, 2018 04:30 PM