|Community Enhancement Planner (Parks & Recreation Planner)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
April 17, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||1988 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks and Recreation
||Our Parks, Recreation & Culture Department is seeking a Community Enhancement Planner to develop and maintain our community enhancement and place-making initiatives that will help make Surrey a thriving, green, inclusive city.
||The Community Enhancement Planner position is all about building and maintaining partnerships and creating consensus. This position will be working closely with key stakeholders to develop and maintain initiatives that make the City’s public spaces more beautiful and engaging. Duties include:
• Managing the City’s Neighbourhood Grant Program,
• Coordinating the City’s Banner program, Decorative Lighting program, and Community Enhancement Partnership program,
• Translating ideas and suggestions into designs and developing recommendations for implementation,
• Providing advice and recommendations to City staff with guidance from an interdepartmental steering committee,
• Working closely with external stakeholders and agencies to enhance infrastructure in the civic realm,
• Finding innovative ways to reduce graffiti on City structures,
• Building relationships with local businesses, business associations, community organizations, educational institutions, and citizens to enhance commercial areas, and public spaces.
||We’re looking for someone who is passionate about place-making with the ability to inspire positive change. They’re a leader who can build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of different stakeholders. They have a broad knowledge of urban planning and sustainable design principles, as well as a working knowledge of relevant legislation and local government administration.
They will also have:
• A Master’s degree in Planning, or Landscape Architecture from a recognized university program, and
• Five (5) years’ experience in parks, recreation & culture planning, preferably in the public sector.
An equivalent combination of education of education, training and experience will be considered.
||Competitive salary and benefits.
||This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||April 3, 2018 08:30 AM
||April 17, 2018 04:30 PM