||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
April 13, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-22 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of approximately 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Fire Rescue Department seeks a number of Auxiliary Firefighters to complement their auxiliary pool. Auxiliary Firefighters supplement the services of full-time firefighters by carrying a pager and responding to calls as needed, subject to availability. Called to the Fire Hall when the full-time crew is unavailable for extended periods of time, they may then be called to attend medical, alarm, or fire emergencies. They may also be called directly to an accident or fire scene where the full-time crew requires additional support.
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent;
• Reside within a 6 km radius of the White Rock Fire Hall;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a demonstrated safe driving record;
• Must successfully pass a Police Information Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check;
• Capable of meeting the physical demands of the position;
• Ability to respond to calls regularly and be available to attend practice drills on Tuesday evenings;
• Interest and commitment to providing assistance to those in the community and demonstrated quality of character.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. We encourage applications from individuals who are available to respond to emergencies during daytime hours. Successful candidates must be committed to two consecutive weekends of training in June.
To apply, please submit:
• Cover Letter
• Current Driver’s Abstract
• Employment Application Form (available on the City’s website)
Please note: Only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Friday, April 13, 2018
Submit your application: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Reference: 2018-22
Thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||April 4, 2018 08:30 AM
||April 13, 2018 04:30 PM