||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
May 4, 2018
at 12:00 AM
||2111 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The Surrey RCMP Detachment has an opening for a Switchboard Operator. The Switchboard Operator is responsible for operating the RCMP switchboard within the Operation Communications Centre and responds to a wide range of general enquires and emergency calls.
||As a successful switchboard operator, you will be responsible for:
• Receiving and transcribing information from the general public and directing calls to the appropriate section in a prompt.
• Providing administrative support reception duties using office equipment.
• Using effective questioning techniques to understand client needs.
• Providing information in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner while providing switchboard/receptionist duties.
• Understanding and upholding privacy requirements.
• Paging Emergency Response Teams.
• Receives emergency calls for assistance and transfers calls to appropriate area.
• Performing data entry and other clerical duties as assigned.
||• Grade 12, supplemented by business courses
• One year of switchboard experience
• Required to work rotating shifts, including weekends, evenings, graveyards & statutory holidays. Hours of operations are from 7:30am to midnight.
• This position requires the successful completion of the RCMP Reliability Security Clearance.
||• Ability to type 45 WPM
||Please apply directly on our website to job 2111
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||April 25, 2018 08:30 AM
||May 4, 2018 12:00 AM