|Accounting Clerk II (Casual) - 2 Positions
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
May 9, 2018
at 4:30 PM
|| 2018-55 (Please quote Job ID when applying) (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation in the Finance Department through reliable performance in clerical and accounting duties; observing and complying with municipal policies and ensuring the safety and security of confidential material/matters pertaining to the Department's operation.
||The incumbent in this class will, as assigned, assist the Accounting Clerks by performing a variety of routine and standard accounting and cashier functions; preparing bank deposits, posting to accounting records/ledgers, issuing payroll and accounts payable cheques, coding of purchase requisitions and invoices, balancing of accounts, and providing information on the telephone. The incumbent will be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Director of Finance.
||Must have a minimum of grade 12 education, supplemented by bookkeeping/accounting courses with two (2) years’ experience, OR an equivalent of experience and training.
||- Knowledgeable of the functions, practices and procedures, bylaws, policies and regulations pertaining to the operation of the Finance Department;
- Good knowledge of the methods, practices and principles entailed in bookkeeping functions and maintaining all accounting records in a recognized and accepted manner;
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and operations;
- Able to operate a variety of standard office equipment, accounting machines and computer terminals;
- Able to be polite, tactful and courteous in dealing with the public and be neat in appearance;
- Able to perform mathematical and arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy;
- Able to perform all tasks with a minimum of supervision;
- Good knowledge of the methods, practices and principles entailed in accounts payable and payroll functions;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials and other members of staff.
||$25.48 - $29.98 (2018 Rates)
||8550 Young Road
||May 3, 2018 08:30 AM
||May 9, 2018 04:30 PM