|Fire Public Education and Communication Co-op Student - Abbotsford Fire Rescue Services
||City of Abbotsford
To apply online, click
||18-077 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford is currently growing and evolving in a dynamic way. Our City Council has adopted a new, leading edge Official Community Plan, and a forwarding thinking and ambitious Strategic Plan that provide us with a blueprint for our community’s ongoing growth and prosperity. Abbotsford is an exciting and forward thinking place to be right now.
The City of Abbotsford’s Fire Rescue Services is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, Public Education / Communication student for a four- six month Co-op student position for fall/ winter 2018. In this exciting opportunity you will work with our Fire Rescue Services Department at the City of Abbotsford to assist with establishing public education and communication materials to improve our educational presence through messaging in our community. Supervision will be provided by Assistant Fire Chief, Ron Hull, Abbotsford Fire Rescue Services Department.
The role may include identifying appropriate messaging and establishing communication packages to be used in web, social media, and public platforms.
Job duties may include:
- Researching best practice;
- Organizing web page layout and content;
- Establishing improved web and social media presence;
- Establishing annual communication plan;
- Ensuring content includes the appropriate mediums to meet the needs and diversity our community.
- Strong research and data collection skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Good communication and organization skills;
- Experience in communication, social media and web messaging platforms;
- Currently attending a secondary or post-secondary related educational program full or part-time; or (ii) have attended full or part-time in the last academic year and plan to return in the next ensuing semester.
If you are ready for a rewarding and fulfilling opportunity where you will play an integral role in helping Abbotsford be the city that all other communities aspire to be; we want to hear from you.
||October 5, 2018 08:30 AM
||October 21, 2018 04:30 PM