|Millwright (Pumps & Controls) 6 month temporary full-time
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
July 18, 2018
at 11:59 PM
||2191 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of Surrey’s Engineering Department has a 6 month temporary full time opportunity for a Millwright in the Pumps and Controls Section. The Engineering Department is a fast paced environment serving a rapidly growing city of over 475,000 residents. This is an excellent opportunity where you are able to gain valuable experience in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
Reporting to the Manager, Pumps & Control in our Engineering Department, you will install, assemble, maintain and troubleshoot pumps, machinery, equipment and piping/pipefitting. You may also be required to drive a City vehicle to and from job sites and perform heavy manual outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
||You will be responsible for:
• dismantling, moving, assembling and installing a variety of pumps, machinery and equipment
• vibration, thermography and infrared analysis
• performing gas and electric welding tasks
• investigating failures and malfunctions
• assisting other employees in performing their duties
• performing other job related duties as assigned
||The successful applicant will possess the following:
• Completion of Grade 12 and Millwright Trades Qualification
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a journeyman millwright in an industrial or public works environment
• A Machinist with pump maintenance experience will also be considered an asset
• Millwright B.C. and IP Trades Qualifications.
• Valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||June 27, 2018 08:30 AM
||July 18, 2018 11:59 PM