|Operations Maintenance Worker - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
July 30, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||18-U094 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering and Construction Services
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 123,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Operations Maintenance Worker to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Engineering and Construction Services/Roads Departments.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the successful applicant will have sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to several functional areas of construction and maintenance work. You must have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
Exercising considerable independent judgment and initiative, you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring safe work practices
• Assisting with drainage works construction, maintenance, and repair tasks.
• Inspecting and maintaining drainage systems
• Utilizing a variety of equipment and repair processes such as an M-Scope to locate utilities; air compressors, and operating a laser level as required
• Guiding equipment operators
• Operating a dump, flat, panel or service truck of between 5,100 and 24,000 pounds GVW to perform related duties
• Performing other related work as required.
Your education will include completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by training courses and considerable related experience in construction and/or maintenance.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Please have these ready to upload when you apply:
• A valid class 3 with Air Brake Endorsement BC driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay is $29.16 per hour (2018 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm Monday, July 30, 2018.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||July 16, 2018 08:30 AM
||July 30, 2018 04:30 PM