|Front Counter Clerk
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
August 31, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-42 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The R.C.M.P. Detachment seeks a customer-oriented and self-motivated individual to join their department in the Front Counter Clerk role on a Regular Full-Time basis. Reporting to the Manager, R.C.M.P. Support Services, this position provides varied support including providing information and assistance to the public by handling inquiries and complaints, processing requests for Police Information Checks, maintaining Detachment security at the front counter related to visitors, and maintaining records, files and statistics. Other duties include entering data into TSMIT and producing quarterly reports.
• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by related experience preferably in an R.C.M.P. policing environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Strong clerical skills and knowledge and ability to operate police databases, including CPIC, PRIME and other related computer systems including Microsoft Office Suite programs;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and sound knowledge of business English;
• Ability to process Police Information Checks and other certificates and permits related to the work;
• Ability to direct public inquiries to the appropriate section / member;
• Ability to prepare and maintain records, files, reports, ledgers and statistics related to front counter;
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients;
• Ability to process inquiries and complaints and provide a variety of factual information and related services in a professional manner, reflecting a strong commitment to customer service;
• Outstanding multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize workloads in a busy working environment;
• Sound knowledge of cash handling procedures and practices;
• Current R.C.M.P. Enhanced Security Clearance is required.
The wage for this unionized position is $45,308 – $53,252 annually (2018) with select benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume and include your current Enhanced Security Clearance number, applications without the number will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted
This posting will remain open until filled
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/jobs
Recruitment Reference: 2018-42
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||August 1, 2018 08:30 AM
||August 31, 2018 04:30 PM