|Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 5, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2375 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
Are you interested in career growth with an award winning organization for Occupational Health and Safety? Do you thrive in a multidisciplinary team environment and interacting with a diverse client base? We are currently recruiting for an Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator who will play a key role on the team providing administration and business process improvements to programs, policies, and procedures. If you are passionate about providing support and streamlining operations to improve health and safety for a thriving, green and inclusive city we encourage you to keep reading.
||• Providing administrative support in record management of OHS incidents, WorkSafeBC claims, and OHS documentation.
• Coordinating the collection of data and reporting of data throughout the City.
• Analysing data, identifying areas for improvement and making recommendations to improve the delivery of OHS services.
• Ensures accurate completion and submission of WSBC claims data, WSBC Form 7’s and post-incident investigation reports.
• Coordinating and tracking of safety training and assisting with the development of training materials.
• Providing assistance and support to city departments in compliance with safety policies, programs and procedures, as well, assisting with safety inspections, investigations, and risk assessments.
• Performing other job related duties as required.
||• Successful completion of a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Human Resources, or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
||• A passion for and demonstrated experience in developing and implementing improvements that have created operational efficiencies.
• Solid time management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Occupational, Health and Safety policies, practices, and procedures.
• Excellent communication skills and able to provide service to internal and external stakeholders.
• Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel and a strong ability to work with HRIS.
• Alignment with the City’s values of Community, Service, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork.
• A Police Information Check is required for this position.
Please provide a cover letter along with your application.
||Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||August 2, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 5, 2018 04:30 PM