|Accounting Clerk 2
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
August 30, 2018
at 11:55 PM
||2413 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The Accounting Clerk 2 is responsible for moderately complex accounting work, including bank account reconciliations, corporate tax filing (GST, PST and Non-Resident Tax Withholding), maintaining general ledger accounts, and disbursements of funds.
||• Process and reconcile monthly utility billings for City Facilities.
• Process month-end accruals.
• Tax assessment of accounts payable invoices.
• Prepare and reconcile quarterly and year end working papers.
||• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by completion of at least first year level courses leading to a recognized accounting degree.
||• Minimum of 5 years of clerical/accounting experience in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility.
• Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Good knowledge of accounting including journals, ledgers, trial balance and accounting transactions.
• Good working knowledge of financial software and PC applications, including Excel and Word.
• Ability to identify inefficiencies and continuously improve processes and procedures.
• Excellent inter-personal skills are required in order to represent the City in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with quality performance.
• Prior experience in Bank Reconciliation and Corporate Tax filing would be considered an asset.
||Please apply online @ surreycareers.ca.
||13450 - 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||August 20, 2018 08:30 AM
||August 30, 2018 11:55 PM