|Backhoe Operator - Equipment Operator 5
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 4, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2420 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Do you thrive working in a fast paced, dynamic, and fun environment? Join our Fleet & Garage team as a Backhoe Operator (Equipment Operator 5) in which you will be demonstrating independence of judgement and taking initiative in performing the duties of this position. In this position, you will be responsible for operating a backhoe and the appropriate attachments/accessories. As well as, operating a tandem axle truck for snow removal, and other duties as required. If you are interested in a career that offers challenges and growth, this position may be for you!
||This position is also responsible for:
• Driving, operating and light servicing of a backhoe
• Driving a tandem axle dump truck including the operation of snow removal equipment
• Performing routine construction and maintenance tasks
• Record keeping
• Digging ditches and trenches, lifts, loads and lowers equipment and materials into ditches and backfills using the backhoe.
• Moving equipment and materials around work site as well as snow and ice removal from roads and parking lots.
• Completing pre-trip inspection of equipment including checking oil, fuel levels, tires, lights, lubricating and safety operations.
• Providing direction for those working with the equipment and assists crew members in performing their duties.
• Responding to inquiries from the public.
||Applicants must have:
• Completion of Grade 12.
• Driving and operating experience on a backhoe or similar equipment.
• Class 3 with air endorsement and a safe driving record as per the City's policy.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to operate a backhoe with appropriate attachments and considerable knowledge of heavy equipment used in construction and maintenance and proper methods used in loading and unloading of heavy equipment for the purpose of transporting.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||August 22, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 4, 2018 04:30 PM