|Community Services Coordinator 2 - Aquatics
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 7, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2405 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation, and Culture
||As the largest provider of community and recreation programs and services in Surrey, we operate diverse, state of the art facilities where individuals, families and the community gather for improved health and well-being through social, learning, recreation and fitness opportunities. Our programs and services give community an opportunity to build relationships, participate and learn, while fostering lifelong health and wellness for individuals, families and the community as a whole.
We are currently looking for a Community Service Coordinator to help deliver our wide range of aquatic programs for people of all ages.
Work at this level is characterized by the significant scope and depth of financial and supervisory responsibility within a multi-functional and diversified facility and the high profile of community services responsibility.
||- Plan and implement a diverse range of programs for a variety of different audiences.
- Recruit, supervise, and train staff and volunteers.
- Follow safety processes to identify and correct unsafe conditions around the recreation facility, including equipment and program activity safety.
- Develop and administer annual budgets and grants including revenues and expenditures.
- Prepare reports as required in the budgets and grants.
- Maintain a strong foundation and experience in creating and delivering programming in a recreational facility setting.
- Lead staff and coordinate with other stakeholders to create and implement programs.
||- Graduation from a recognized university or college level program.
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery of recreation services or community development work. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
||- Have a good understanding of community recreation programs, their purpose and objectives.
- A community minded individual who can establish and maintain strong working relationships with partners and other stakeholders.
- Effective communicator who can handle situations tactfully with a strong foundation and experience around aquatic facilities is a must.
- Have technical expertise applicable to the role, ideally experience leading teams at an aquatic complex.
||Please apply online @ www.surreycareers.ca.
||13450 - 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T IV8, Canada
||August 24, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 7, 2018 04:30 PM