||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
September 5, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-46 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Recreation and Culture
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Recreation and Culture Department seeks eight (8) Skate Attendants and one (1) Lead Skate Attendant from September 2018 to March 2019 for the ice-skating season. You will report to a designated Recreation Programmer. Duties include providing outstanding customer service while supervising patrons prior to, during, and after public skating times and special events, ensuring participants’ safety, responding to accidents and emergencies and providing first aid as needed. You will also collect skating fees, issue skate and helmet rentals to patrons, and balance cash, while maintaining an orderly and efficient skate shop operation.
• Completion of Grade 10 for Skate Attendant; Completion of Grade 12 for Lead Skate Attendant;
• Current first aid and CPR certification (must be obtained by start of appointment);
• Ability to ice-skate independently, safely and skillfully;
• Working knowledge in crowd control techniques and in arena conduct rules and regulations;
• Demonstrated ability leading others, especially children, comfortably, safely, and assertively. Experience leading children in recreation programs preferred;
• Strong ability to work in a team environment;
• Sound experience providing excellent customer service;
• Experience handling cash and using a cash register;
• WHMIS, Super Host, High Five, and/or leadership certificates or related training considered an asset;
• Available to work 1-3 shifts per week as outlined in the “Employment Application Form - Skate Attendant”.
• Must successfully pass a Police Information Check;
Additional Requirements for Lead Skate Attendant:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
• Basic marketing knowledge and special events organizing experience is desired.
The hourly wage for Skate Attendants is $18.96 (2018 rate) and the hourly wage for the Lead Skate Attendant is $19.38 (2018 rate) with 11% in lieu of vacation and benefits. If your experience and education have prepared you for success and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, completed Employment Application Form - Skate Attendant, and your current first aid and CPR certificate. Please note that only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm, Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/jobs
Recruitment Reference: 2018-46
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||August 29, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 5, 2018 04:30 PM