|Park Technician - Land Development
|*Please apply online @ www.surreycareers.ca.
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 28, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Be part of a team that ensures Surrey’s built environment and infrastructure supports a healthy ecosystem while serving the needs our residents. We’re looking for a customer-focused individual with a passion for protecting Surrey’s urban forest and biodiversity to be our next Park Technician. This positon will serve as the key contact for land development projects and ensure that projects meet park requirements.
||- Perform inspections of land development sites and ensure park requirements are being met.
- Review and provide comments on development plans and drawings, including civil drawings, arborist reports, environmental reports, and landscape drawings.
- Perform Tree Risk Assessments.
- Develop cost estimates and other technical reports.
- Manage program and projects within approved budgets.
- Coordinate and supervise work of contractors and crews related to unimproved parkland.
- Liaise with Contractors and Developers regarding park interests and requirements on land development projects.
||Candidates must meet one of the following:
- Completion of a Diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution with a focus on Horticulture, Arboriculture, Forestry, Natural Resource Management or Civil Engineering, with a minimum of three years related experience, or
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a Horticultural Trades Qualification, supplemented by three years of related progressive experience, or
- Completion of Grade 12 and a Horticultural Technical Certificate Program (one year full-time) from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a focus on Horticulture, Arboriculture, Forestry, Natural Resource Management or Civil Engineering, with additional related academic courses and training including at least one credit course in each of supervision and technical writing, supplemented by four years of related progressive experience.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
||- Have knowledge of park operations and experience in reading construction drawings.
- Have analytical problem-solving skills.
- Handle issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Communicate effectively and establish and maintain working relationships.
- Have a valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history.
||Please apply online @ www.surreycareers.ca.
||13450 - 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||September 10, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 28, 2018 04:30 PM