|Building Inspector II/Facilities Coordinator
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
October 9, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-49 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Building and Bylaw
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from Hatzic Prairie to Boston Bar. In short, we have a little bit of everything. If you enjoy a job that offers a lot of variety, and the opportunity to work both indoors and outdoors, then you should check us out.
||As a Building Inspector II/Facilities Coordinator at the FVRD, a typical week could see you venturing out in the great outdoors to conduct building inspections; discussing and providing technical advice on building plans and permits to assist homeowners, developers, builders, governmental agencies and the public; issuing building permits as well as tickets for bylaw infractions; coordinating maintenance and repairs of our FVRD Chilliwack and Deroche offices; facilitating, reviewing and updating building bylaws and procedures; and preparing reports for our senior management staff.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we’ll take care of the rest.
||• Level Three Certification from the Building Officials Association, British Columbia, or RBO and Journeyman or equivalent in related Building Trades and/or graduated from an advanced construction technology program, or an equivalent combination of education/experience;
||• Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in building inspection;
• Extensive experience working in the construction industry;
• Sound knowledge of the B.C. Building Code and other related bylaws, acts, standards and regulations pertaining to the construction industry, and preferably, up-to-date knowledge of the decisions of the Building Code Appeal Board;
• Sound knowledge of building siting conditions including an awareness of potential geotechnical hazards and soil-bearing limitations;
• Sound knowledge of accepted practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the building trades;
• Experience with, or the ability to assist with budget administration;
• Ability to prepare and present technical and non-technical written and verbal reports and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including skills in conflict resolution;
• Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $34.69 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage rate will increase to $40.81 per hour.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2018-49 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on October 9, 2018 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we greatly appreciate all applicants for their interest, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||September 13, 2018 08:30 AM
||October 9, 2018 04:30 PM