|Planner II (Full-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
October 15, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-52 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Electoral Area Services
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from Hatzic Prairie to Boston Bar. In short, we have a little bit of everything. If you enjoy variety and complexity in your work, then you should check us out.
||As a Planner II at the FVRD, you would be taking on a senior leadership role in our Electoral Area Services Planning Department. A typical week could see you managing complex planning projects and applications; working closely with our Engineering and Building staff; developing planning policies; engaging with developers and the public around developments; designing and implementing public consultation projects; writing reports and delivering presentations to our Board of Directors and community groups; and collaborating with provincial agencies and First Nations groups. We are looking for a people-oriented Planner interested in the bigger picture as well as the smaller details. Critical thinking, strong communication and leadership skills will serve you well in this position.
||• A master’s degree in planning or, geography; or a bachelor’s degree in planning, geography or a related discipline with courses in planning, map interpretation, map compilation, graphics and statistical analysis and either two years graduate study or some post-secondary technical courses in related areas;
||• Five (5) years of professional experience in planning;
• Membership, or eligibility for membership, in the Canadian Institute of Planners and the Planning Institute of British Columbia;
• Superior and demonstrated knowledge of the principles, practices, objectives and ethics of planning within the local government context;
• Superior knowledge of, and extensive experience with, the practice, theory and ethics of public engagement and consultation;
• Ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of FVRD planning services, legislation, provincial statutes, regulations and local geography;
• Excellent computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Power Point, and the ability to acquire a sound knowledge of GIS and electronic filing software;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and converse with a wide range of people including technical consultants, elected officials, staff, and the general public to provide advice, make recommendations and make effective presentations;
• Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $37.17 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period, the wage rate will increase to $43.73 per hour.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2018-52, and send in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on October 15, 2018, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||September 25, 2018 08:30 AM
||October 15, 2018 04:30 PM