|Parks Labourer - Landscape Maintenance
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 18, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||2647 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Help us ensure that our more than 200 parks and trails are well designed and maintained to meet the needs of our growing communities. We’re looking for energetic individuals with a positive attitude to join our Park Landscape Operations team.
||As a temporary Parks Labourer, you will be working with experienced Park Landscape Operations staff to provide general landscape maintenance duties throughout Surrey. You will be completing tasks that involve considerable physical effort and the use of relevant tools and equipment. Responsibilities will include:
- Weeding and moving grass
- Pruning plants and trees
- Planting and watering a variety of plants and trees
||- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent with some relevant training and work experience
||- Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Have relevant training and experience performing manual labour.
- Hands-on experience with related tools and equipment is preferred.
- Strong public relations, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to complete work of a heavy manual nature in all weather conditions.
||Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and submittal of a Drivers abstract. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications. Please apply online at www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2647.
||December 4, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 18, 2020 04:30 PM