|Parks Labourer - Natural Areas
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 18, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2644 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||We are looking for motivated and hardworking temporary labourers who are interested in gaining valuable career experience from a wide variety of urban forestry and habitat restoration field-based work. The Urban Forestry – Natural Areas team provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment.
||- Work in natural area parks throughout Surrey on a field-based crew under the supervision of senior staff.
- Complete a variety of manual and semi-skilled general labour tasks including:
- Invasive plant removal
- Planting maintenance (weeding/brushing/mulching)
- Planting native trees and shrubs
- Trail maintenance and vegetation pruning
- Refuse and yard waste removal
- Tree debris clean-up
- Interact with the public in a professional manner.
||- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
||- Have a valid BC Driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Have experience performing manual labour.
- Have experience with power tools (brush saw, hedge trimmer, and backpack blowers).
- Demonstrate ability to identify native and invasive plants.
- Have strong public relations, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to complete work of a heavy manual nature in all weather conditions.
||Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and submittal of a Drivers abstract. Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2644.
||December 4, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 18, 2019 04:30 PM