|Parks Labourer - Shade Trees
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 18, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2645 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Help our Parks Division ensure that our more than 100,000 street and park trees are well maintained this summer. We’re looking for positive team players to be seasonal parks labourers.
||As a Labourer, you will be responsible for assisting staff with a variety of hands on field work that involves tree maintenance. You will be working in all weather conditions and be responsible for duties such as:
- Inspecting and watering trees
- Conducting a full range of supportive tree maintenance activities
- Support pruning crews
- Interact with the public in a professional manner.
||- Completion of Grade 12.
||- Experience in arboriculture/horticulture would be an asset.
- Have a valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Strong public relations, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to complete work of a heavy manual nature in all weather conditions.
||Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and submittal of a Drivers abstract. Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2645.
||December 4, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 18, 2019 04:30 PM