||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 30, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2632 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||As a Skating Instructor, you will be planning and delivering skating lessons to people of all ages and abilities. Responsibilities include:
• Creating and delivering lesson plans based on the skating levels and progressions of each group.
• Preparing evaluation forms and progress reports.
• Teaching skating lessons to a variety of participants.
• Ensuring program participants have a positive recreation experience as part of our commitment as a HIGH FIVE® registered organization.
• Providing excellent customer service.
||We’re looking for experienced skaters with the skills and enthusiasm to be able to share their knowledge with others. You, as our ideal candidate, are a motivated self-starter who enjoys working with children and people of all ages. You are customer focused and a great communicator who can inspire confidence and enjoyment in skating. You are also a true team player who will support the team’s goals in creating a safe and inclusive environment for all Surrey arena visitors.
• Demonstrate proficient skating abilities and a thorough knowledge of ice skating skills.
• Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
• Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, volunteers, staff, and the public.
• Have experience with planning and lesson plan creation.
• Have some experience in providing skate instruction.
• Have a current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate with AED (or be willing to obtain prior to employment).
• Have NCCP Coaching Certificate (an asset).
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2632
||December 12, 2018 08:30 AM
||December 30, 2018 04:30 PM