||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 4, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2665 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of Surrey’s RCMP Surrey Detachment is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, team player to fill the position of Information Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing front counter services at the Surrey RCMP detachment. This will include performing specialized administrative support work applicable to a police operations environment, involving the provision of information and assistance in various capacities to the public and other police agencies. This position requires an individual possessing initiative and utilizing independent judgment.
||• Tactfully and effectively communicate various processes and procedures to the public.
• Manage and provide information to the public and to city staff that requires the use of judgment and the application of policies, rules or procedures.
• Copy, sort, file, retrieve and distribute a variety of documents and materials to appropriate personnel and to appropriate agencies.
• Process complex and sensitive correspondence, reports, forms and specialized documents from drafts, notes; may compose routine correspondence and brief reports.
• Handle basic financial transactions, which may include billing, invoicing, ordering of supplies and receiving monies.
• Process civil applications including, but not limited to, Police Information Checks, Civil Fingerprints and Police Certificates.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
||• Completion of Grade 12.
• Two years related experience including exposure to and knowledge of PRIME, Provincial and Federal Statutes, Municipal By-Laws and police procedures and policies.
• Some exposure to relevant police database systems, or an equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience.
• This position requires the completion of the RCMP Reliability Security Clearance.
||We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent opportunities to advance.
||Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||December 19, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 4, 2019 04:30 PM