|Yoga and Pilates/Pilates Reformer Instructors
|*If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID2696. Posting will remain posted until January 27, 2019.
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 27, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2696 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
We are looking for certified Yoga and Pilates Instructors that love fitness, motivating people and are committed to providing great customer service to teach a variety of classes at recreation facilities across the City. We have various positions available teaching a wide range of fitness classes including:
• Pilates Instructors
• Pilates Reformer Instructors
• Yoga Instructors
Instructor - Auxiliary
• You will instruct for all levels and experiences and will be able to motivate and lead large groups – from beginners to long time fitness enthusiast. Additional certification to teach special population such as Older Adult, pre-post-natal and adaptive fitness.
• All candidates should be self-motivated, skilled at building relationships with clients, have strong and clear communication skills and have a passion for health and wellness.
• These positions may include weekends, weekdays and/or evenings shifts.
All candidates should be self-motivated, skilled at building relationships with clients and have a passion for health and wellness. They will also have:
• Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR C and AED.
• Strong and clear communication skills.
• Additional certification to teach special population such as older adult, pre/post-natal and adaptive fitness is an asset
o In addition to the above Yoga Instructors will have: Proof of certification by recognized Yoga Instructor training program.
o In addition to the above Pilates Instructors will have: Proof of certification by a recognized Pilates Instructor training program.
o In addition to the above Pilates Reformer Instructors will have: Proof of certification by a recognized Pilates Reformer training program.
Approximate Recruitment Timeline
Accepting Applications January 4 to 27
Reviewing Applications January 28
Demo Dates / Interviewing February 4, 5, 8
References and Police Information Checks February
Extending Employment Offers March
Training Commences March/April
Candidates must successfully complete a practical demonstration of skill. If invited, candidates will have to attend one of the above Demo Dates.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||January 7, 2019 08:30 AM
||January 27, 2019 04:30 PM