|Special Events Marketing Coordinator
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 25, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2712 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation, and Culture
||The City of Surrey is seeking an experienced Special Events Marketing Coordinator (SEMC) for approximately 18 months. In this role you will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans, communications strategies and logistics for key signature events—including Surrey Canada Day, Surrey Fusion Festival, Tree Lighting Festival, Party for the Planet and other community events.
||Representing the City of Surrey to the public, professional colleagues and outside agencies, the SEMC will sit on various committees both internally and externally and may be required to work a flexible, self-directed schedule.
Other responsibilities include:
• Oversee the creative and strategic development of advertising and marketing campaigns (digital media, television, radio and print); social media; brand and digital marketing strategies; public relations and development of communication strategies; key messaging; newsletter, website, and marketing content; surveys (including competitive analyses) and market research.
• Understand the importance of adhering to brand guidelines for all marketing materials (digital, print and on-site signage).
• Advise staff of effective marketing, media and promotional techniques.
• Use of considerable independence of judgment and use of initiative.
• Use strong strategic planning skills.
• Work closely with graphic designers, videographers, photographers and corporate event sponsors.
||• Graduation from a recognized university or college level program and 3 years of progressively responsible experience including supervision or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
||• Have highly developed communications and business writing skills.
• Have strong oral communication and customer service skills.
• Have knowledge of media sponsorship approaches and best practices in event marketing and digital communications, data analysis and strategy development experience.
• Demonstrate the ability to be creative and innovative.
||The City of Surrey offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to job ID 2712
||January 15, 2019 08:30 AM
||January 25, 2019 04:30 PM