|Clerk 2 - Mailroom (1 year term)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 29, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2715 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Legislative Services has an opportunity for the position of Clerk 2 in the Mail Room.
||• Ensure compliance with the City of Surrey office mail program.
• Sort, check, and maintain office mail such as files, reports, invoices, office supplies, field sheets’, cheques, bills, receipts and requisitions.
• Perform data collection and entry as well as preparing basic correspondence.
• Perform other related duties as required, including assisting in various records management projects.
• Responsible for managing incoming and outgoing Canada Post and inter-office mail for the City of Surrey.
• Prepare mail bundles for courier delivery to offsite offices, managing registered mail, managing newspaper distribution to departments, and operating the folder/inserter and postage machines.
• Record the daily number of incoming packages and shipments received.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications.
||• Have a minimum of one years' experience and training in an office environment.
• Have an accurate typing speed of 45 WPM.
• Have the ability to prioritize and process a large volume of work and meet tight deadlines.
• Have the capability to lift 25 - 30lbs and regularly transport mail bins.
• Have the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as understand and effectively carry out oral and written instruction.
• Have basic knowledge of filing, indexing methods and record keeping, computer office applications and have good keyboard skills.
• Have good interpersonal and public relation skills as well as perform clerical tasks according to department rules and procedures.
• Have the ability to forge positive work relationships with staff from a range of departments.
||Please apply online at www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2715.
||January 15, 2019 08:30 AM
||January 29, 2019 04:30 PM