|Recreation Programmer - Aquatics
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 29, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2701 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Recreation Surrey has been offering residents diverse recreational spaces and programs to meet the needs of our communities. From gyms, pools and multi-purpose rooms to drop-in and regular recreation programs to special events, our recreation facilities aim to keep our residents healthy, active and engaged.
We’re currently looking for Recreation Programmers within Aquatics for our recreation facilities to help deliver our wide range of programs for people of all ages.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic recreational professional to be involved in aquatic programming work assisting senior supervisory staff in the development, scheduling, coordination and implementation of recreation, fitness and aquatic programs and activities. The work involves supervision and training of staff. An incumbent exercises considerable independence of judgment and action within the limits of well-defined guidelines.
||• Plan and implement creative innovative and fun activities during Leisure Swim and special events.
• Develop and schedule recreation fitness and aquatic programs.
• Develop and administer promotions and advertising.
• Supervise train and provide leadership to facility staff.
• Perform life guarding functions and administrative duties such as facility/shift check completion.
• Perform accident reports, lesson results and evaluations.
• Perform pool maintenance duties and other duties as required.
• Handle contact with chlorine and other related chemicals required for pool operation occasionally.
||• Completion of grade 12 and;
• Actively working towards graduation from a recognized college or university level program in a related discipline and/or;
• Be a qualified Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer, BCRPA Supervisor of Fitness Leaders, NLS Instructors or Trainer of Fitness Leaders and;
• Have formal lifeguard and instructor training, aquatic programming experience, and completion of pool operator’s course.
• Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience as a lifeguard and/or swim instructor and/or aquatic programmer and/or special events coordinator
• Have some supervisory experience.
• Have a valid BC Driver’s license.
• National Lifeguard – Pool Option
• Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
• Standard First Aid with CPR C
• Pool Operators Level 1 (BCRPA or equivalent)
||Competitive with a comprehensive benefit package.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2701.
||January 15, 2019 08:30 AM
||January 29, 2019 04:30 PM