||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 29, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2714 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The Park Inspector provides assistance under the direction of senior staff in the monitoring and inspection of numerous Land Development projects. Ensures that all Land Development related work impacting Parks assets or City trees is completed in accordance with City standards.
||• Assist senior staff in the monitoring and inspection of Land Development projects.
• Prepares inspection reports and maintains records pertaining to the status of projects.
• Ensure construction projects are performed to City and Parks standards.
• Monitor safety and tree protection on construction sites.
• Witness and approve work around City trees and other park assets.
• Assess Parkland for the presence of invasive and native plant species.
• Maintain good public relations and ensure minimum inconvenience to the public.
• Receive and address complaints and concerns of the public.
• Respond to service requests pertaining to Unimproved Parkland.
• Prepare estimates for hold backs and CIL requirements related to Park construction and work around City trees.
• Review and recommend acceptance of soils testing reports, arborist reports, and native/ornamental planting plans.
• Maintain a diary and/or other accurate record of all project activities for record purposes and in contemplation of potential litigation.
• Work independently under the direction of senior staff.
• Assist in the inspection/administration of Capital Projects.
• Communicate with public, developers, consultants, and contractors.
• Work outdoor in all types of weather conditions. Be exposed to dust, noise, and generally adverse conditions on construction sites, and limited office work.
• Perform related duties as required.
||• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by courses and technical training in Arboriculture, Horticulture, Natural Areas restoration and Landscape Construction OR ISA Certification/Tree Risk Assessor Qualification OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
||• Have excellent communication, both orally and in writing.
• Have working knowledge of City/Parks standards and landscape construction practices, materials and testing procedures.
• Have the ability to read design drawings.
• Have knowledge of applicable safety regulations and Arboriculture/ISA standards.
• Have Good recordkeeping skills.
• Have working knowledge of computers using Microsoft and other common software.
• Have a valid BC Driver’s License with safe driving record.
• ISA Certification or eligibility to gain certification.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2714.
||January 15, 2019 08:30 AM
||January 29, 2019 04:30 PM