||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 14, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2743 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||In support of the Procurement Services Section within the City’s Finance Department this position is responsible for performing full cycle purchasing work of a technical nature, including the purchase of a wide variety of goods and services through various competitive procurement processes and includes the processing of requisitions and purchase orders. Independent judgment is exercised as required in accordance with City’s policies and procedures.
||• Work in conjunction with client departments, prepare detailed specifications and related documents; assist in the preparation of criteria; arrange for calling of selected and advertised solicitations; ensure all information is uniformly distributed.
• Liaise with external and internal contacts such as engineers, architects, project managers, contractors, suppliers and lawyers.
• Independently, or in conjunction with client departments, interview suppliers, negotiate satisfactory price discounts, terms, delivery methods and dates and related items.
• Prepare evaluation worksheets for distribution and act as the main point of contact during an evaluation process.
• Draft contract language according to precedent.
• Administer and verify contracts and associated paperwork to prepare a complete contract package.
• Review a variety of materials such as agreements, forms, documents and other information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Draft contract renewals, amendments and extensions for presentation to internal clients and contractors.
• Maintain purchasing records and prepares summary statistical and information reports.
• Performs other duties as required.
||• Completion of grade 12 supplemented by completion of Year 1 of the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) program from the Supply Chain Management Association; or an equivalent combination of training and related experience in purchasing may be considered.
• A valid BC Driver’s License.
• Effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
• Work independently and in a team environment as well as plan and organize assignments.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines while maintaining accurate records.
• Exercise strong interpersonal skills and effectively build relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
||Please apply online @ surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2743.
||January 24, 2019 08:30 AM
||February 14, 2019 04:30 PM