|Customer Services Supervisor
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 11, 2019
at 11:59 PM
||2751 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning & Development
||In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Service Counter team that provides front line Engineering and Planning and Development services to residents, developers, businesses and other customers. You will work as a member of a large City team to ensure customer satisfaction and to support the growth plans of the City.
||You and your team are the front line and the face of the City on matters related to the Building, Planning and Engineering teams.
This exempt role is responsible for coordinating counter service delivery to a diverse group of customers.
• Leading recruitment, training and development, motivation, retention, coaching, and support of a skilled unionized team.
• Creating work schedules for team to meet customer’s needs.
• Working with the Service Counter team and key stakeholders to research, recommend and implement ways to optimize customer services, productivity and effectiveness.
||This position requires an individual with excellent leadership, communication, planning and organization skills. The successful candidate must have completed Grade 12, supplemented with completion of a two year post- secondary Diploma in a related field plus related experience in a supervisory capacity within a union environment; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Excellent ability to resolve conflict through communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
• Ability to use discretion and make sound decisions.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
• Considerable knowledge of Engineering and Planning and Development policies, procedures and practises and related bylaws.
• Sound understanding of the City’s departmental structure as well as the roles and responsibilities of business units within each Department.
• Knowledge and experience in the civil engineering, municipal planning and residential and commercial buildings is an asset.
• Knowledge of relevant computer software applications. e.g. Microsoft Office, AMANDA, .CityWorks, COSMOS, etc.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||January 28, 2019 08:30 AM
||February 11, 2019 11:59 PM