||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
March 14, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2786 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||This position is temporary for 6 months. This is specialized professional records and information management work. The Records Analyst supports the corporate records program by participating in developing policies and procedures; providing direction and assistance to department on implementation and ongoing maintenance of corporate records management; documenting and leading corporate records projects.
||• Develop, recommend and upon approval, establish and implement new and/or revised methods and procedures subject to records management to improve efficiency.
• Provide training to staff on records and information management policies and procedures.
• Contribute to developing training materials, conducts records management employee training.
• Participate in paper and electronic legacy projects.
• Develop project plans and documentation.
• Conduct appraisals and write reports.
• Work with other records staff to complete projects and performs other related work as required.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department staff and management, vendors, outside agencies and the general public.
• Manage multiple tasks, setting objectives/goals, and re-prioritize work.
• Interview staff to understand their business needs and use of information subject to records management, customer service methods and techniques.
• Have the ability to plan, assign, supervise and review the work of records and mailroom employees.
||Completion of a Master’s Degree in Information Studies or Archival Science.
||Have a minimum of 3 years of related experience and experience in the direct supervision of staff including planning and assigning work.
• An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Have thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of modern manual and computerized records and information management systems and of computer based system applications related to the work.
• Have thorough knowledge of accepted archival cataloguing standards and related procedures.
• Have considerable knowledge of the legislation, rules, regulations, practices and procedures governing the work.
• Have a valid BC driver’s license.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers
||February 21, 2019 08:30 AM
||March 14, 2019 04:30 PM