|Park Technician - Electrical
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
March 11, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2797 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||In this position you will perform supervisory and technical work in planning, coordinating and supervising the work of crews and contractors. Working within the budget, this position is responsible for projects and programs, including preparation of plans, schedules, reports and inspections. The Park Technician will perform Park Structures related hands-on field work in all weather conditions and in accordance with accepted codes, standards, techniques and practices; manage work assignments and/or contracts within approved budgets.
||Responsibilities for this position also include:
• Perform electrical repair and renovation projects using such tools as, power cable and wire pullers, aerial lift platforms, electrical testing equipment and other related tools and equipment.
This would include, but not limited to:
• Repair and renovate parkland structures such as park buildings, outdoor sports field lighting systems, underground utilities, and other park structures duties as required.
• Maintenance of work-related records and maintenance of records pertaining to the status of projects.
||The successful candidate will possess one of the following:
• Completion of a diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum of 3 years related experience.
• Completion of grade 12 supplemented by a relevant Trades Qualification supplemented by 3 years of related progressive experience.
• Completion of grade 12 and a related Technical Certificate Program (one year full time) from a recognized post-secondary institution with additional related academic courses and training including at least one credit course in supervision and technical writing, supplemented by 4 years of relevant progressive experience.
An acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
||As well, the successful candidate will:
• Possess superior public relation and interpersonal skills including dealing with others in stressful situations.
• Have strong organizational skills.
• Have a valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history.
• Possess a Pesticide Applicator’s license.
• Are physically able to carry out the duties as required.
• Have advanced problem-solving skills to diagnosis and solve project related problems.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable statutes and regulations.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2797.
||February 25, 2019 08:30 AM
||March 11, 2019 04:30 PM