|Trades II - Carpenter - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 12, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||19-U025 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Trades II - Carpenter to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Parks Operations Department.
Reporting to the Parks Infrastructure Superintendent, you will be responsible in this unionized position for performing carpentry work in the construction, alteration, repair and maintenance of buildings, floors, roofs, stairways, doors, windows, scaffolding forms, furniture, concrete forms, gates, fences, signs, door closures and door locks, piers, bridges, wharves, and floating docks. You will also be required to:
• Install and glaze window and door glass.
• Sharpen, repair and maintain a variety of tools.
• Supervise one or more subordinates engaged in carpentry tasks as required.
• Assist in general maintenance of all buildings.
• Construct and maintain benches, picnic tables, outdoor park furniture
• Assess repairs needed and estimate for time and materials to do the repairs
Your education will include Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work, completion of a recognized trade’s time served apprenticeship, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. You will have thorough knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the trade; and have skill in the use and care of all power and hand tools, materials, machines and equipment used. Applicants with five or more years of journeyman carpentry experience will be considered an asset.
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• British Columbia Trades Certificate of Qualification – Carpentry, or equivalent
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $38.89 per hour (2019 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, March 12, 2019.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 26, 2019 08:30 AM
||March 12, 2019 04:30 PM