|Operations Maintenance Worker - Roads - (up to 15 positions) - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 13, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||19-U029 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to 15 temporary full-time (from approx. April 1, 2019 to approx. December 24, 2019) Operations Maintenance Workers to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Roads Operations Department.
Reporting to the Roads Operations Manager, the successful applicants will have sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to several functional areas of construction and maintenance work. You must have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
Exercising considerable independent judgment and initiative, you will be responsible for:
• Installing, replacing, maintaining, and repairing a variety of street, traffic and other signs;
• Painting traffic lines crosswalks, safety zones, parking stalls and other road markings, using brushes, spray equipment and hand operating lining devices.
• Assist with pavement maintenance tasks such as cracksealing and patching.
• Assist with drainage maintenance task including manhole, catchbasin and pipe installation and repair.
• Assist with boulevard maintenance tasks such as vegetation control and community cleanliness.
• Assisting in the installation, maintenance and repair of irrigation and drainage systems;
• Operating a dump, flat, panel or service truck of between 5,100 and 24,000 pounds GVW to perform related duties;
• Assisting in the installation and repair of water and or sewer services, flushing of mains, servicing hydrants, and other related duties;
• Ensuring safe work practices;
• Performing other related work as required.
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by training courses and considerable related experience in construction and/or maintenance is preferred. A Pesticide Applicators Certificate is considered an asset.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
A valid class 3 with Air Brake Endorsement BC driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $29.74 per hour (2019 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, March 13, 2019.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 27, 2019 08:30 AM
||March 13, 2019 04:30 PM